When you need AC repair or heating repair in Los Angeles, look no further than the award-winning team at Brody Pennell. We are here for you 24/7 to revive your air conditioner or heater and get you back to feeling comfortable. Call us anytime – we mean it! – at (310) 896-4911. We have technicians available all hours of the day, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
You can trust Brody Pennell with your HVAC repair because we are:
- Dependable – We have 75 years of success here in LA and we have earned affiliation with industry groups, so you can be confident that we know what it takes to keep area residents and businesses comfortable throughout the year.
- Award-winning – Our team receives local and national recognition for exceptional service, and we love earning a 5-star rating from customers.
- Technical expertise – Brody Pennell technicians can repair any brand of equipment because of our ongoing training. We are licensed and insured.
Since 1945, Brody Pennell Heating and Air Conditioning has been serving the HVAC needs of businesses, individuals, and families in Los Angeles and the surrounding communities. As a well-established company, we know we can fix your air conditioning system with speed and accuracy. And if it’s not fixable, we will give you several replacement options ranging in features and price points. Our team of friendly technicians will answer questions you have about your air conditioning system.
When to Call for your Los Angeles Air Conditioning Repair
Over the years, we have noticed that many Los Angeles homeowners hesitate to call for AC repair. The fact is that if your air conditioning system isn’t working, it will only get hotter. And depending on what’s wrong with your equipment, it could cost you in the long run with hefty energy bills. If one of these symptoms applies to your situation, don’t delay in calling us to repair or service your air conditioning system.
- AC is making a weird noise – if your air conditioner is making squealing or shrieking noises, particularly when it first starts up, that’s a problem that requires repair. Our technician can diagnose the source of the noise, but it is likely a problem with a belt-driven motor or the bearings on the fan motor. Buzzing and humming noises are also common, but usually have to do with loose or unstable parts. Securing system components is important to keeping your AC running as long as possible. The important thing to remember is that any weird noise from your air conditioner indicates a problem that needs fixing.
- AC is blowing warm air – warm air when your AC is on? It doesn’t take an HVAC expert to know that’s not right. The reason your AC is blowing warm air is because the fan is running but the cooling mechanism is faulty. The most likely scenario for an air conditioner blowing warm air in your house is that your AC is low on refrigerant charge. Leaks in your refrigerant lines can be microscopic, with your system losing tiny amounts of refrigerant over the years. Brody Pennell will not only get you charged back up, but we will hunt down the leak and seal it to prevent any future issues from that spot.
- AC is turning on and off – If your air conditioner keeps turning on and off for just a few seconds or minutes at a time, then it is short cycling. An air conditioning system that switches between on and off is not just annoying; it’s a signal that something is wrong. The cause for short cycling is usually one of two issues. The first is a problem with the thermostat or the sensor inside the thermostat. The second is that the AC is oversized or overcharged with refrigerant.
- AC not working – if your AC is not functioning at all and it doesn’t turn on, it’s definitely worth a call to our team. We can help provide some quick troubleshooting over the phone, and failing that, we will have one of our technicians come to investigate. There are many possible reasons for an air conditioner that’s not working, it could be anything from a worn-out electrical contact to a faulty compressor, or even a thermostat problem. When your AC won’t turn on, it’s time to call in the professionals.
Even with regular AC maintenance, you can still experience a breakdown. Anyone who has been left in the Los Angeles summer heat without AC can tell you that it is not a fun experience. Our team of certified Los Angeles HVAC professionals can have you back up and running in no time. They are trained and experienced in diagnosing and repairing a range of issues. We also keep all of our trucks well stocked and equipped with everything they need to fix most air conditioning problems so you don’t have to wait.
Common Los Angeles AC Repairs
- Refrigerant leak
- Drainage problems
- Broken compressor
- Faulty fan or blower
- Frozen AC coil
- Capacitor replacements
- Contact replacements
- Evaporator coil replacement
- Condensation pump repair or replacement
- Drain line blockage
- Circuit board replacement
- Thermal expansion valve (TXV) troubleshooting and replacement
- …and many more HVAC repairs!
Los Angeles HVAC Installation and Replacement
As a Carrier Factory-Authorized Dealer, we offer some of the highest quality and most efficient heating and cooling systems and products on the market. Whether you are just moving into a new home that needs an HVAC system or you want to replace an older, less efficient system, Brody Pennell is ready to serve all of your Los Angeles heating and cooling needs.
Besides quality HVAC installation services, we also provide quality Carrier brand heating and cooling systems and products. Our team will help you find the right size unit to fit your home and budget. We also offer convenient financing options so that you and your family don’t have to worry about how you will afford your home comfort.
Helpful Air Conditioning Installation Articles
- Should I replace my AC & Furnace at the same time?
- Choosing the best air conditioner for your home
- AC Install and Replacement
- Is an energy-efficient HVAC system worth it?
- How to decide whether to repair or replace your air conditioner
- Air Conditioning Products
- Greenspeed® Intelligence from Carrier
- Carrier Infinity Systems
- Carrier Performance Series
- Ductless Mini-Split HVAC Systems
Heater Maintenance and Service in LA
For the past seven decades, Brody Pennell has provided heating system maintenance and inspection services to serve the HVAC needs of businesses and individuals across Los Angeles. Our team knows just how to keep your home and office comfortable year-round. From routine annual tune-ups to the one-off maintenance service, we have all of your heating maintenance needs covered.
Though you may only use your heater during a couple months out of the year, it is still important to keep it well-maintained so that it is ready to work for you when you need it. Our team provides annual tune-ups for furnaces and heating systems to make sure that your heater works properly, clean and lubricated, and runs as efficiently as possible. Don’t wait until the chilly weather hits to test your heater. Call us today for a pre-winter tune-up.
Cooling System Maintenance in Los Angeles
Your AC gets a real workout in the Los Angeles heat. Make sure that you are getting the most out of your air conditioning system by performing routine maintenance. If you want your AC to last a long time and save you money on cooling bills, you need to keep it clean, lubricated, and in good working order. Our maintenance contracts help you prolong the life of your unit and save you money on energy costs by ensuring regular maintenance throughout the year.
Helpful Air Conditioner and Heater Maintenance Articles
Quality AC Repair in Los Angeles
Now that you know all of the ways that Brody Pennell can help keep you comfortable, please keep us in mind for your Los Angeles HVAC needs. From new installations to emergency repairs, we are available year-round to help you achieve ultimate home comfort. Ask us about promotions and rebates to get the best deal possible on your HVAC systems and upgrades. Contact us now for more information about any of our products and services. We look forward to hearing from you!