HVAC Accessories

Now that the holidays are here, many homeowners have started thinking a little more about what they might ask Santa for in order to make their home a little more comfortable. Luckily, we know just what you need – HVAC accessories!

Though your HVAC system does a good job of keeping your home environment safe, healthy, and comfortable, sometimes you need a little extra help, depending on your home comfort needs and lifestyle. For example, families with allergy sufferers might need to go the extra mile to make sure their family members can breathe easy when allergies start to hit hard by purchasing an indoor air quality product.

Below, we’ll guide you through the world of HVAC accessories, so that you can make a more informed decision about which might be right for you:

Electronic Air Cleaners

Most standard air filters only trap about 7% of home pollutants like dust, dirt, tobacco smoke, mold, bacteria, and other allergens. This leaves 93% of these irritants traveling around your home left to damage your furnishings and aggravate allergies, asthma, and other breathing issues. Indoor air quality products like an air purifier or electronic air cleaner help remedy these issues.

Electronic air cleaners act as an extra line of defense against these pesky pollutants by cleaning the air in your home and removing these allergens before they impact your home comfort or health. Carrier’s patented  Captures and Kills™ technology traps and kills bacteria, viruses, mold, and other irritants, re-purifying the circulated air as many as 8 times an hour.

Who Needs an Air Purifier?

Though we can all stand to breathe air that’s a little cleaner, not every home needs an air purifier. This IAQ product is ideal for homes with family members who suffer from asthma, allergies, or other respiratory issues. It is also the perfect accessory for homes that have family members with weakened immune systems such as elderly folks or infants.

Smart Thermostats

Thermostats are a must-have for any homeowner. This device allows you to control the temperature of your living space, ensuring that the whole family is happy, healthy, and comfortable all year round. However, not all thermostats are created equal! While some homes have a simple electronic thermostat, other homeowners opt for a smarter option that gives them better control over their home comfort.

Smart thermostats provide enable you to reach optimal home comfort by giving you more control over the temperature and comfort settings within your home. With a Wi-Fi thermostat, you can adjust the temperature and other settings on your thermostat from any device with an Internet connection. That means you’ll no longer have to come home to a cold house on a chilly winter night or worry about leaving the AC blasting when you leave for work this summer.

Who Needs a Smart Thermostat?

Smart thermostats are the ideal HVAC accessory for homeowners who prioritize comfort and convenience above all else. They are also a great gift idea for families that are into the latest and greatest gadgets or want to work toward transitioning to smart home technology. If you’re in the market for a new smart thermostat, be sure to check out our selection of Carrier smart thermostats.

UV Sterilizers

Did you know that your indoor air is often dirtier than the air outside? (Yes, even in LA!) UV air sterilizers create a cleaner, healthier, and safer home environment by eliminating mold, bacteria, and germs from your home and the air circulating through your home. These devices are located in the duct work upstream of your HVAC system where they work to kill a high percentage of airborne bacteria and germs as they pass through the UV light.

A single UV lamp model kills up to 70% of the airborne bacteria that passes through your HVAC system. While the coil irradiation model kills up to 99.9% of surface mold on your central AC components and cooling coil. This not only creates a cleaner and healthier home environment for you and your family, but it also helps protect and improve the performance of your heating and cooling equipment.

Who Needs UV Sterilizers?

UV sterilizers are ideal for those who suffer from respiratory issues, allergies, and asthma. It can also be great for those who find themselves getting frequent cold and flu headaches, runny nose, itchy and watery eyes, sore throat, and fatigue.

Need help deciding which HVAC accessories are right for your home? The home comfort experts at Brody Pennell are standing by to answer your questions. After asking you a few questions about your home environment, comfort needs, and HVAC system, we’ll pair you with the right HVAC accessories to meet your needs.

Call us today to improve your home comfort levels: (310)896-4911.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *